Re: [xmca] Beyond Alterity/Intersubjectivity

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 06:21:18 PDT

Text is a whole exchange often writ large -- like the entire transcript of a lesson or a day, or that of going to the principals office, or a presidential speech, or, possibly your email message, but better yet, the present discussion. A lot of Halllidays work is on written text, such as a physics article, -- I vaguely recall that he was influenced by
bakhtin, and perhaps other scholars can help here. I recall that Jay Lemke gave a response to post by David K about Halliday a few years ago that was informative -- It was easy to findwith google and here's the url:

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Mail/xmcamail.2004_09.dir/0077.html

Yeah, here's an article that provides some overview:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jaylemke/SCCS/Textpol2.htm

gotta be short -- paid work to do.

bb

From: Steve Gabosch <sgabosch@comcast.net>