Re: [xmca] Shhhhhh. They might hear you!!

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 04:11:16 PDT

Mike,

My bet is each of us in our respective countries could tell similar
tales. Thanks for your colleague's powerful words from Israel. I
guess something as crass and unsophisticated as what is going on will
result in similar means to terrorise populations across the decades -
bombs, chemicals, torture and lies. Despite Hollywood's best
attempts, you can't really say that it is any more than crass and
unsophisticated.

Way down in the article you posted there is a retell of why Weise and
Bauer were moved from their seats just before Bush started speaking -
she had a "No more blood for oil" bumper sticker on her car.

Emily, I agree with you in an idealist way, the revolution is in us,
however Mike reminds us that as professionals, we don't have adequate
tools to tackle the issues at the scale that is probably needed.
Where to?

World leaders - what an oxymoron. It reminds me of the latest
nickname for Australia's PM, John Howard.

Bonzai. A stunted and twisted bush ;-)

Phil