Re: [xmca] Situated cognition vs. Socio-cultural theory

From: jim rogers- USU (fajimr@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 14:22:23 PDT

Mary

If memory serves me well.... (i don't often count on it): Bonnie Nardi
had a good chapter comparing AT, Dist Cog, and Situated Action in her
'96 book Context and Consciousness. What might also work by providing
some theoretical insights is Barbara Rogoff's article- "observing
sociocultural activity on three planes..." (in the wertsch et. al. '95
edited volume)- at least I think it is the article I am thinking of ;)

good luck
jim