RE: [xmca] Situated cognition vs. Socio-cultural theory

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 12:27:52 PDT

Oh, yes. I remember having read those and, indeed, the reply of the two
sounded like a defense of "orthodoxy" in protocol analysis. I very much
liked the link that you Peter made between the technique and CHAT. My
impression is that, in general, cognitivists are reluctant to go cultural;
quite the contrary, today they tend to prefer the neurophysiologic approach.
Indeed, in my view, cognitive psychology, as it was, that is, the cognitive
modeling of psychological processes, is an almost extinct discipline. Good
bye to task analysis, welcome FMRI!
david