[xmca] Situated cognition vs. Socio-cultural theory

From: Mary K. Bryson (mary.bryson@ubc.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 10:40:04 PDT

Hi All,

I am working on a course syllabus, and thinking about the separate but
related trajectories of situated cognition and socio-cultural theory. At
some point in the early nineties, lots of former cognitivists started to
sound a lot like socio-culturalists. So where do these two trajectories
intersect and where do they remain forever apart?

Someone may have written a really great review article or chapter that
compares these two theoretical perspectives. If you know of such a text,
could you let me know? I will so appreciate that.

Mary