Re: [xmca] Developmental psychology and the production of a polished mud ball

From: deborah downing-wilson (ddowningw@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 12:51:57 PDT

And what is so bad about throwing mud for fun? we'd need to do it on a
summer day in appropriate clothing and with a big hose for clean up....makes
me happy just to think about it - maybe we should try it first with just the
lchc crew! Actually, we could probably do it without too much rowdiness if
we used the outdoor plastic sand table that is in the play yard and limited
it to a few kids - each with a UG buddy - at a time.

deb

On 6/6/06, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I wondered about is how in the world we could do such activities at
> our
> sites without
> kids throwing mud for fun!!
> mike
>

> On 6/6/06, Lars Hennig Rossen <lhrossen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kiyo,
> > this sounds really interesting; what struck me about the activity was
> how
> > so
> > many different aspects of development was compressed into those hand
> fulls
> > of mud do you know if any of his work assessable in English or if there
> > are
> > any public pages that describes his Ninja Project?
> > Lars
> >

> > On 6/5/06, Kiyotaka Miyazaki <miyasan@waseda.jp> wrote:
> > >
> > > Lars,
> > >
> > > This prof. Kayo is my close friend. Yes, he is famous for this mud
> ball
> > > in Japan! And he is our play research expert. He studies play by
> > > playing himself with children in preschool, which makes him very
> unique
> > > in the Japanese developmental psychologists. He is studying
> > > imaginative, or pretend play in particular, and writing monograph (in
> > > Japanese) about one year extending Ninja play activities. It's quite
> > > nice.
> > > I forwarded your mail to him. If necessary, I will tell you his email
> > > address.
> > >
> > > Kiyo Miyazaki
> > > Waseda University, Japan.

> > experimentation