Re: [xmca] Re: SCAFFOLDING

From: Leif Strandberg (leifstrandberg.ab@telia.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 23:02:10 PDT

Hej Carol and all

I agree with your student (the engineer) I think he is is right. I have
never liked the concept of scaffolding - The Other as a physcial tool?
To me the concept of scaffolding belongs to the metaphores you could
find in the Five Year Plan-Era (the Party as transmission gear,
etcetera)

I think we can find better metaphores from the world (languge games)
where these conecepts play role

Revolutionary activity (Marx in "Thesis on Feuerbach")
Dialogues
Dialectics
I and Me (Mead and LSV - "Concrete Human Psychology" 2005
You and Me (Mead)
Sharing
Language games (Wittgenstein)
The dialectial relationship Change-Permanence (Herakleitos-Paramenides)
The dialectial relationship Waves-Particals (Bohr, Heisenberg)

Remember "You never awalk alone in the Zone of Proximal Development"
(Jacques Carpay)

 From Sweden

Leif