[xmca] Call for Reviews: Mind, Culture, and Activity

From: Marie Judson (mjudson@ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 10:39:37 PDT

Dear XMCA Members,

I have copied below a list of books we are
considering for review in Mind, Culture, and
Activity. You are invited to look through the list to
see whether any of the titles has a special appeal to
you. If you would like to review one, please let us
know as soon as possible, and we will send you a
review copy. We would expect the review to be
completed in approximately three months from the
receipt of the book, but this is negotiable. The
review copy of the book will be yours to keep.

Books available include:

Updated 5/24/06

Books Available to Review
*Indicates edition received

Davis, Joseph E.
Accounts of Innocence: Sexual Abuse, Trauma, and the
Self
The University of Chicago Press (2005)
312 pp
(paper)*

Would go well reviewed with:

McNally, Richard
Remembering Trauma
Harvard University Press (2005)
442 pp
(paper)*

De Souza, Clarisse Sieckenius
The Semiotic Engineering of Human-Computer Interaction
The MIT Press (2005)
283 pp
(cloth)*

Gibbs, Raymond W. Jr.
Embodiment and Cognitive Science
Cambridge 2006
337 pp
(cloth)
(paper)*

Holyoak, Keith J. and Robert G. Morrison (eds.)
The Cambridge Handbook of Thinking and Reasoning
Cambridge University Press 2005
858 pp
(cloth)
(paper)*

Kendon, Adam
Gesture: Visible Action as Utterance
Cambridge 2004
400 pp
(cloth)*
(paper)

Malle, Bertram F.
How the Mind Explains Behavior: Folk Explanations,
Meaning, and Social Interaction
The MIT Press 2005
202 pp
(cloth)*

Melser, Derek
The Act of Thinking
The MIT Press 2004
287 pp
$35.00 (cloth) *
Perhaps review with:
Trueswell, John C. and Michael K. Tanenhaus (eds.)
Approaches to Studying World-Situated Language Use
The MIT Press
368 pp
(cloth)*

Miller, Tina
Making Sense of Motherhood: A Narrative Approach
Cambridge University Press 2005
303 pp
(cloth)
(paper)*

Scollon, Ron & Suzie Wong Scollon
Nexus Analysis: Discourse and the Emerging Internet
Routledge 2004
198 pp
(paper) *

Serpell, Robert, Linda Baker, Susan Sonnenschein
Becoming Literate in the City: The Baltimore Early
Childhood Project
Cambridge University Press 2005
310 pp
(paper)*
(cloth)

Spinuzzi, Clay
Tracing Genres through Organizations: A Socioculltural
Approach to Information Design
The MIT Press (2003)
246 pp
(cloth)*

Thibault, Paul J.
Agency and Consciousness in Discourse
Continuum Books (2004
352 pp
(cloth)*

To volunteer as a reviewer, please send me a note at
mcajrnl@weber.ucsd.edu as soon as possible. In the
subject of your e-mail, please write "Wish to review"
followed by the name of the book you want to review.

Thank you in advance,

Marie Judson
Copyeditor
Mind, Culture, and Activity