Re: [xmca] CHAT and Higher Education

From: Steve Gabosch (sgabosch@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 21:00:21 PDT

4/25/2006 +0200, Hans wrote:
I have found out that most of CHAT articles are about
>childrens learning and not adults. I am also very grateful for any input in
>this issue.
>Hans from Sweden

Hans, you might want to check out Peter Sawchuk's Adult Learning and
Technology in Working-Class Life (2003). His study uses a strong CHAT
perspective to analyze issues of adult learning, including various
ways industrial workers in the Ontario area in Canada have learned to
use computers. He breaks new ground on the topic of adult learning,
which as you point out, is not widely studied or written about. Here
is the Amazon US url:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0521817560/sr=1-2/qid=1146023770/ref=sr_1_2/002-3784616-7110406?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=books

- Steve