Re: [xmca] torturers, Moyers, and Uncle George

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 14:19:44 PDT

Reads like one of the rituals one goes through to get phd in physics, with
the part about the cutting cut out. The one subjected to the ritual does not
nearly know what is the setting as well as those doing the subjecting. e.g.
What will be the problem to solve in each of the two oral qualifying
examinations? Structure of the helium atom? Zeeman effect?
Born-Oppenheimer approximation? Which of the gods... Fermi, Dirac, (gods of
spin), Heisenberg (god of uncertainty), Schroedinger (god of the wave
functions), Einstein (god of certainty) ... will they summons?

This bullroarer was used in a Crocodile Dundee movie. Sound file in mp3
format is attached.

bb