RE: [xmca] "informants as lames"

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 12:03:20 PDT

CoP certainly seems useful for the lads study in that it addresses identity development -- in the lads view they have become outsiders -- but the socio-economic/cultural-historical dimensions that lead this development of conciousness are not well laid out in the CoP framework, last I checked. What are boundaries of the community in other ways seem to need more definition. Still, as you point out Nancy, there is a lot of purchase in the notion of LPP. Is there anything recent about who determines what is "legitimate"?

From: "Ares, Nancy (Warner)" <nancy.ares@rochester.edu>