Re: [xmca] zoped

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 19:57:25 PST

Linda and all,
I like you reminding us that ZPD is not a only space but maybe more so,
it takes place in time. It reminded me of Bakhtin's chronotope or
space-time. And it also connects with Lois and Vesna insisting that ZPD
is an activity.
However, what I find in your "teachable moment" is more than just
space-time -- it also possesses a dimension of personal relations or
"interpersonality" as Lois mentioned, too.
Thus we are definitely speaking about a dynamic process taking place and
taking time in the distinctly human kind of a situation -- when people
teach/touch each other.
Ana

Ana Marjanovic'-Shane,Ph.D.

151 W. Tulpehocken St.