[xmca] Fwd: student dependence on calculators and other technology

From: Polin, Linda (Linda.Polin@pepperdine.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 07:10:48 PST

This posting came up in response to a discussion on over reliance on
tools such as hand held calculators, and the possiblilty of the tool
obscuring the actual knowledge it allegedly supports/embeds, i.e.,
calculators preclude math sense (numeracy, for instance).

Given our current and recent discussion on artifacts and zpds, I thought
the list might find this interesting.

Lindax

Begin forwarded message: