Re: [xmca] zoped

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 06:05:01 PST

Dear Just wondering.
I will enter into this discussion seriously when I get through the final
exam to be given later today and get home safely and then away
frrom the crush of instittuionalized academic like.

Lets see, if a teacher walks up to a child, kicks the child in the shins,
the child cries in pain, and the teacher laughs.. There's
an interaction.

If development is breaking away, perhaps such a zone would entail the child
throwing an inkwell at a teacher, injuring another child,
and being kicked out of school.

We have posted somewhere, or have somewhere. Seth Chaiklin's systematic
discussion of misuses of the idea of zoped. Other
discussions can be found in addison stone and in griffin and cole
and........... if this is meant as acongtribution to what and what should
not go into a set of putative examples of exemplary teaching/learning
interactions that might help us figurfe out what/when is a zoped
(according to this speech community) and why their occurrences are
apparently so restricted in classrooms (perhaps a disputable
remark?), Isuggest we start with work already done on XMCA to be more
specific than any interaction beftween teacher and child.

back as events allow
mike