Re: [xmca] chat analysis of ritual

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 12:16:09 PST

Sure Lois, take us along this path because it seems to me one of the
important ways to go, if not the
only way. But 31 potential contributors are likely be brownian motion that
get the teacher fired if they
are not organized in some way(s). What ways? Which will work in what
insitutions?

The 30:1 transmission classroom template has been there for about 6000 years
by my rough calculation.
We can, and should, argue that it is a great way to create
power.knowledgedifferentials and stunt development.
But we also have to provide alternatives that work and then alternatives
that work in publically viable settings.....
like ps2 or whatever in NYC or most any school in San Diego.

I just left a setting in the community where kids between the ages of 2 and
15 and undergrads and a couple of
community adults and three visitors from Japan and a couple of others who
think of themselves as associated
with UCSD were busy co-creating development. Existence proofs are important.
Spreading that "virus" seems
equally important.
Andalee!
mike