[xmca] Fwd: [Accord]Transitions to College Post-Doctoral Fellowship Opportunity

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 10:19:18 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Russell W. Rumberger <russ@lmri.ucsb.edu>
Date: Mar 15, 2006 8:12 AM
Subject: [Accord]Transitions to College Post-Doctoral Fellowship Opportunity
To: sea@lmri.ucsb.edu, accord@lists.gseis.ucla.edu, lmresearch@lmri.ucsb.edu

*Transitions to College Fellowship*

The Transitions to College Program of the Social Science Research Council is
pleased to announce the availability of post-doctoral awards for new
research related to transitions to college. The fellowship is funded by
Lumina Foundation for Education. Three grants in the amount of $9000 will be
awarded. Applicants should have received a PhD in one of the social sciences
(including history) within the last five years and should be employed at a
U.S. university, college, or research institution.

We are seeking to deepen our knowledge about key questions relating to
transitions to college. The post-doctoral grants are designed to stimulate
new work on transitions that is innovative in its approach to the topic or
in its methodology. These grants will complement three commissioned studies
on questions of stratification, gender, and English language learners.

The deadline for applications is April 9, 2006. More information about the
fellowship and application forms can be found at *www.ssrc.org*.
The link to our Fellowship website is *
http://www.ssrc.org/programs/knowledge/K12_ed/transitions/TransitionsFellowship.page
*<http://www.ssrc.org/programs/knowledge/K12_ed/transitions/TransitionsFellowship.page>.
Furthermore, I've attached a short announcement below.

Contact:

Jeppe Wohlert (wohlert@ssrc.org)
Program Assistant
Social Science Research Council