[xmca] Web of Science and MCA

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 10:43:39 PST

Hi all,
I was just wondering: why is it not MCA indexed by ISI? Is that part of a
political decision by the editors or just so? My question originates in the
growing bureocratic relevance given to that index by some universities
(something I am critical of). But as, alas, in some places, academics are
assessed according to the number of indexed publications they have, it might
help some contributors of the journal that it is indexed. But maybe I am
wrong. Any thoughts?
David

David D. Preiss Ph.D.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
www.uc.cl/psicologia