Re: [xmca] About Felix Mikhailov

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel (ens7@columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 08:48:13 PST

It is very sad. Felix Trofimovich was one of the best teachers I've
ever had.He was an outstanding person and brilliant philosopher. I
hope he finished his last book. He sent me a chapter from it, "What
makes a human being alive?"... Very sad.

Elina

Quoting Alexander Surmava <monada@netvox.ru>:

> Dear colleges,
>
> I have to announce very grievous news.
>
> Felix Mikhailov died in Moscow on his 76 year.
>
> Felix Trofimovitch died on February, 22. His death is not only a
> tragic
> event for those who were lucky to know him alive - that is the
> end of a
> great epoch in our culture.
>
> Those who want to send a letter to his widow Liudmila Karpovna
> and his daughter Anna can do it via E-mail
> <mailto:felix@starnet.ru>
> felix@starnet.ru
>
> You can find additional information here:
>
> http://www.voxnet.ru/~monada/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=13
>
> Sasha Surmava
>

> Alexander V. Surmava, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> The Russian State University for the Humanities
> The Vygotsky Institute of Psychology
> Liapidevskogo str. 8-2-274
> 125581 Moscow, Russia
> tel./fax: 7 (095) 455-88-24
> mob.: 8 903 579-1920
> e-mail: <mailto:monada@netvox.ru> monada@netvox.ru
> <mailto:monada@voxnet.ru> monada@voxnet.ru
> ICQ: 84411775
> AOL: AVRamus
> <http://www.voxnet.ru/~monada/index.php?lng=eng>
> http://www.voxnet.ru/~monada

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir Rabindranath Tagore.