Re: [xmca] constraints, affordances and semiotic potentials

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 11:42:20 PST

More thanks, bb.
I think another factor working in choices of terms here relates to Vera's
earlier messages on tools and signs (and perhaps Mary's but that is now dim
in my
already dim memory).That is, there is a kind of semantic bias i the "tool
talk" to think of it as instrumental -aimed-at-physical world while "sign
talk" is more about
persons, intra and inter. A reasons for me to back up to artifacs, but for
another dicussion.
mike