Re: [xmca] Valsiner on Semiotics and Psychology

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 11:51:44 PST

I had a different reaction, Eric. I find Jaan's work interesting too, but
statements such as "Psychology adamently sets itself apart from literature"
gives away too much. It gives away
a lot of what CHAT is about, for example. It disallows LSV using poetry and
many using the dramatic metaphor and narratology. Sure, it has an
identifiable referent in dominant
practices and institutions of various kinds, but still, such blanket
statements are less than helpful it seems to me.
mike