Re: [xmca] Sabina Spielrein

From: zdravo (zdravo@EUnet.yu)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 06:27:28 PST

Lois,
Yes, I had the book published in USA. The book consisted of documentary
material, her diaries and papers that have been found and published by an
Italian psychiatrist from the Italian revolutionary circle of psychiatrists.
Sabina is from wealthy family of Russian Jews, she was in Switzerland and
started to study medicine. She met Jung because of her emotional problems.
She met Piaget for Piaget was interested in Psychoanalysis, he wanted to
experience it directly and in the book is the conversation between him and
Sabina. After revolution she returned to Russia and initiated Institute for
Child Psychoanalysis with Luria. In early 90ties I asked my American friend
to find the book and he sent it to me. The book is fascinating and I read
it. Unfortunately, the war in Yugoslavia started and I forgot to whom I gave
the book that I never got back. It was 14 years ago and I am so sorry that
I can not help more, because I do not remember the name of the editor, nor
the publishing house, year when it was published. I hope that it could be
found. It is worth searching.
Vesna