[xmca] Toward a brighter future!

From: Cunningham, Donald James (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 17:41:43 PST

A new title, a better fit I think.

Lina and Vesna,

Am I correct that an important part of your work is to help the children
build narratives in which their role is one of being able to act to
improve their lives? I am so impressed with the power of children
telling stories, not just ventriloquating, but using the language to
create a persona, a sense of what they can become. I am reminded of
Paulo Friere's work. Do you know it?

With my grandchildren, I try to share experiences with them like going
to cut a Christmas tree for our house, an adventure we can talk about
and celebrate for a long time to come. It would be so sad if children
who want to explore, test their wings, build a persona would be labeled
as problems. Thank you for all that you do...........djc

Don Cunningham
Indiana University