[xmca] Topics for December again

From: Lois Holzman (lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 19:29:45 PST

It's almost December and I've gotten feedback only from Ana. Does anyone
else want to weigh in? Meanwhile, I've written to the relevant people
inviting them to join the list for conversation.

Lois

Dear XMCA-ers,

I've been talking with Mike about what topic to invite you all to play with
for December. Mike suggested I ask you ? a great idea! So I'm pasting below
my messages to him about some ideas I had and ask you for some
direction/opinions.

What do you think?

Lois

First Message

I'd like folks to learn about some Vygotskian-influenced programs I
> collaborate with ив the All Stars' youth programs in the US and programs of
> an organization in the former Yugoslavia called Zdravo da Ste (Hi Neighbor).
> (They are connected through me.) I can tell you more if you like but here's
> my question. Although the founders and their colleagues speak about their
> work (in fact, I met the Zdravo da Ste folks at the Vygotsky-Piaget
> conference in Generva in the 90s) they do not write academically (again, the
> Yugos write but not in English). So the materials I have to present to XMCA
> are not academic but more popular and/or my writing on their work. On the
> one hand, I think this focus on practice might be refreshingly interesting
> and challenging for the list; on the other hand, people might feel they do
> not have enough "meat" to work with.
> Any thoughts?
> Oh, I also have videos...

Second Message