Re: [xmca] Questions for ISCAR

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 12:35:52 PDT

High Armando--
 Yes, intervention is a "heavy" word. But gestation may have its problems
too.
After all, what events coincided to initiate gestation? Mutual consent? This
is a good issues to think about.
 You are not alone in finding the issue of subject disquieting in Leontiev.
Before
he was killed Brushlinsky (this was at end of/after the USSR) as head of the

institute of psychology placed very heavy emphasis on the need for subject
persepctive in activity theory -- in his case, Rubenshtein's version of
activity
theory.
 Also, there is need for greater knowledge of the ways in which Vygotsky
used the concept of social sitatuion of development.
 Other important questions to carry to Sevilla in search of answers.
mike
I believe that the work of Galina Zuckerman may provide help in thinking
about
how to theorize/understand the subect of educational activity.