Re: [xmca] The New Yorker on Katrina and global warming

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 09:07:10 PDT

I have been glancing at all the emails in respect to Katrina on this
list, and with one ear followed television coverage in the news. I
have not yet heard any reference to another hurricane, Camille.

When I was living in southern Mississippi from 85-88, EVERYONE was
talking about Camille. I was shown where in Biloxi and/or other
towns, for example, all the houses where washed away--I was
astonished to see that the entire coast was built up again without
barriers, as if there was no possibility for another devastating
storm to hit the coast.

History might have taught something

Michael