Re: [xmca] RE: Questions for ISCAR

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 14:36:08 PDT

Ed,
Your question puts my issue in a somewhat different perspective, one
that I have not worked on a lot, but it certainly seems relevant. COP -
Community Of Practice - the way I interpret it to connect it with the
Activity Theory Model, deals mostly with the "division of labor"
(roles) -- and that is, of course,connected to the "rules" part of the
model. So if you have one division of labor in one activity, which is
also based on some stated and unstated rules, conventions and
expectations, then, my question is, how another activity in which the
rules and division of labor are different, interacts with the first one?
Does it interact? Can it interact? and how?

I have not read Jean Lave's work on transfer. Could you send a reference?
Thanks
Ana