[xmca] preying on this elderly

From: Peg Griffin (Peg.Griffin@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 07:44:04 PDT

It's about discourse and taking advantage of difficulty with memory
retrieval.

The weekend shrub blitz (including Condoleeza allegedly coming home to
Alabama to help) reeked of the authorship of Karl Rove.
As soon as that came into my mind, I realized the shrubs had successfully
interfered with my ability to remember. I could not recall that last awful
thing we should still be trying to hold Rove accountable for. I could not
grab it from memory storage; the hooks to it were obscured. Yes, I remember
badly and yes more so as I get older. But manipulating and amplifying
natural and individual processes for cultural mass effect is exactly what
the shrubs, and especially Rove, are so adept at.

Then I saw a news article exposing Rove's roll and verifying my analysis.
It was quite clear that Rove was back in DC and the shrub moves in the gulf
were governed by the political calculus Rove does so effectively.
But nothing nothing nothing in it gave a hint of what I couldn't remember.

It would have been off the point, losing focus, rambling for people to
identify that relevant thing about Rove.

They couldn't write about the woman from the CIA who's married to the man
who bucked part of the shrub story about weapons of mass destruction. They
couldn't repeat that her name and identity as CIA had been leaked to a
newspaper. They couldn't put in that this is the one thing involving Rove
that might support legal action and trim the shrub a bit.

If we don't keep on that track about Rove, the shrubs are more likely to be
able to continue to prey upon us.

Is this an example of what is meant by discourse type demands supporting the
status quo and contributing to the manipulation of the populous?

This is why I like so much the IF Stone book on the Hidden History of the
Korean War. A ramble.
Peg
PS Cyndy Sheehan's bus tour stops here for a little bit tonight. Less time
preparation than the first support vigil for her but maybe more folks! I
hope and think.