[xmca] AERA Thanks & Heads Up

From: Polin, Linda (Linda.Polin@pepperdine.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 11:47:06 PDT

Good Day Friends,

Apparently everyone would like to go to San Francisco this spring. We
have recieved 26 individual paper presentations and six panels/
symposia. Indeed, there will be heart break ahead.

There is good news too, though. I have 18 reviewers with strong
expertise in the field. We should be able to cope fairly easily with
just four proposals each to review (each paper/proposal will be read
by two independent reviewers). Thank you for making this task lighter
by volunteering. Of course, we can still use more reviewers. If you
submitted a paper/panel to the SIG, you might think about offering to
review for the SIG, as well.

Meanwhile, I shall be assigning papers/panels to reviewers at the end
of the week, giving you exactly a month to complete your review work.

Likely I will be constructing panel sessions out of favorably
reviewed individual papers. Those sessions will need discussants and
chairs. If you have an interest in volunteering to fill either of
those roles, please be sure you have indicated this in the AERA
meeting database.

Again, many thanks to those who offered their services, and to the CH/
AT community, which has submitted very strong proposals. It is a
pleasure to peruse them. I will do my best to match proposal topics
with reviewer experience and expertise.

Best,

Linda

Linda Polin, PhD