RE: [xmca] Method/Methodology

From: Ares, Nancy (nancy.ares@rochester.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 10:34:18 PDT

although the chapter below is not particular to cultural historical theory,
Harding presents a very clear distinction between method and methodology,
making a strong case for attending to methodology in terms of epistemology;
philosophies of knowledge, knowers, and knowing; and theory to distinguish
research paradigms, rather than simply to methods that are characteristic.

        Harding, S. (1987). Introduction: Is there a feminist method? In S.
Harding (Ed.), Feminism and methodology: Social science issues (pp. 1-13).
Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.

Nancy Ares
Assistant Professor
Teaching & Curriculum
The Warner Graduate School of Education