Re: [xmca] ISCAR: Graduate Student/Young Scholar Section Meeting

From: Gill Boag-Munroe (gillboag@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 02:40:11 PDT

Hi Kristen,
I'm not sure whether I qualify as a 'young' scholar, being fairly ancient, but I am a PhD student attending (and presenting at) ISCAR, and would like to explore the idea of an early meeting some more. I think it would certainly boost the confidence of new researchers to have got to know others in a similar position before the real start of the conference. Good thinking, folks, and thank you.
Best
Gill

"Kristen R. Clark" <kristen@webleaf.com> wrote:

Dear XMCA and CH-SIG graduate students, young scholars, and their friends/advisors: Seth Chaiklin has kindly supported efforts to create a graduate student/young scholar section of ISCAR by setting aside time in this year's conference for a "first meeting". After some discussion, we thought that 8:00 a.m. of September 21st - the morning of the second day of the conference might be a time that works well since there are no conflicts with other sessions or meetings and folks can meet/talk over coffee/cookies before other business of the day begins.

Since the conference time is quickly approaching, it is important to establish whether this is a viable time for a meeting. Please contact me if you are interested in joining such a section (all masters, doctoral, advanced undergraduate, and young scholars are welcome) and let me know whether you will be able to attend ISCAR and would be available September 21st at 8:00 a.m. for such a meeting. **Senior Scholars** Please forward to any and all students that you think may be interested/benefit from involvement in this meeting.

Thank you all in advance (and I look forward to hearing from you!)
Kristen Radsliff Clark

Gill Boag-Munroe
School of Education
University of Birmingham