Re: [xmca] Reading for Sevilla

From: Muller Nathalie (nathalie.muller@unine.ch)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 05:54:45 PDT

Dear Mike, Dear All,
I read you almost everyday and get the feeling to know you a bit, but you
don¹t know me... I am part of these silent readers you wrote about some time
ago. And I have to say that I love reading your discussions and learn so
much! I sometimes imagine all these networks that interwove each other ­ not
only between people chatting on the net! - and am fascinated!
Just in order to give some bits concerning books about Spain, I liked very
much Arturo Perez Reverte¹s ³The Seville communion² (La Piel del Tambor)
 - the novel takes place in this so lovely part of Sevilla called Santa Cruz
­ or The Fencing Master ( El Maestro de Esgrima)­ that takes place at the
end of the 19th century and is interesting to understand the passage between
the ³old² Spain and a new time...
I discovered this very famous writer during my first journey in Andalousia,
as I like to discover a country in reading its works (oeuvre, in French),
like you. I am looking forward going back to Sevilla for the ISCAR
conference... And seeing you there ³en chair et en os²!
Nathalie

PhD Nathalie Muller Mirza
Institut de Psychologie
Faculté des Lettres et Sciences humaines
Université de Neuchâtel
Espace L.-Agassiz 1
2000 Neuchâtel
tél:+41.32.718.18.56