[xmca] sense/meaning-signs/functions

From: Iraj Imam (iimam@cal-research.org)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 14:33:33 PDT

This has been an interesting conversation relating to function of
language in transformation and emergence of meaning from activities and
their consequences, if I understand it correctly. The tension seems to
focus on the extent to which what emerges is 'context-bound' or
'context-free' (excuse any misreading):