Re: [xmca] LCA: protolanguage

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 16:57:39 PDT

Seems like Vygotsky would agree with you, Deborah--

"Understanding the words of others also requires understanding of their
thoughts. And even this is incomplete without understanding their motives or
why they have expressed those thoughts.In <http://thoughts.In> precisely
this sense we complete
the psychological analysis of any expression only when we reveal the most
secret internal plane of thinking-- its motivation." (1987, p. 283). Lecture
4 in the same volume is about emotional development.

Seems as if we are implicitly beginning to generate a "next set of readings"
once we have completed the current set and the discussion of Ilyenkov.
mike