Re: [xmca] operation, action, activity

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 16:26:01 PDT

 Hi Eric,

If Steve is able to post the snippet on operations, it might be worthwhile re-thinking your pie-baking vignette vis-a-vis actions and operations ;-)

Phil

On Thursday, July 07, 2005, at 10:00PM, <ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org> wrote:

>xmca mailing list
>xmca@weber.ucsd.edu

 Thank you much Steve upon the urging of Mike to provide more kernels for mulling over.  I am sensing in the provided nuggets from Leontiev that there is a series of circles being studied. Actions would be the inside (when performing a task such as peeling apples for a pie one may perform this with a knife others may choose a special 'peeler').  Operations would be of a greater level of importance and so of an outer more ring (when baking a pie it is important to put the crust in before the filling).  Then outside of that would be the overall unit of activity (baking a pie). This specific unit of activity could beww analysed in the home setting, at a restaurant, or say at school in a home ec class.  Depending on the location there may be more cirlces/levels for analysis.

whadaya think?

eric
Steven Thorne <sthorne who-is-at psu.edu>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
07/07/2005 12:25 AM AST
Please respond to xmca