RE: Online video annotation software

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel (ens7@columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 11:27:05 PDT

Hi, all,

In line with what Eugene was asking... Can anyone recommend a good
qualitative data analysis software for axial coding and grounded
theory based data analysis? Did NVIVO work for anyone? I am doing
research on Learning Community model working with ajunct
instructors and need to analyze the data.

Thanks,
Elina

Quoting Eugene Matusov <ematusov@udel.edu>:

> Dear Phil, Michael, Tony, David, Lara, Noel, and Larry-
>

> Thanks A LOT for your very useful suggestions. I have reviewed
> them and find
> two software that may help for my purpose:
>

> * LessonLab VisibilityT:
> http://www.lessonlab.com/visibilityplatform
>
> * DIVER: http://diver.stanford.edu
> <http://diver.stanford.edu/>
>

> Some other suggested software seem to be good for desktop video
> annotation
> but not for online discussions and online video annotation. I
> hope to use it
> for building a professional community of educators through online
> reflective
> discussions of videotaped teaching.
>

> Let me know, please, if you know about any other package.
>

> Take care,
>

> Eugene
>

> _____

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir Rabindranath Tagore.