Re: sign/tools in interacting levls and forms of operation

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 18:30:54 PDT

Steve and others,
another very insightful analysis of language was provided by Felix
Mikhailov in The Riddle of Self, section 3.4. Outside real sensual
practical activity, language and sign is nothing, so are tools. Rather
than talking about the two abstractly, we should, with Mikhailov,
analyze real, sensual practical activity and see what the heuristic
potential of the two concepts is.
Cheers,
Michael