Re: two people one computer

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 08:32:40 PDT

Barbara-- The vast majority of interactions in our afterschool centers
involved 2-3 participants at one
computer. Some game consoles allow multiple participants and even at a
keyboard with a mouse, very
interesting divsions of labor leading to cross-talk of a problem solve sort
is routine. Such outcomes can
be enhabed by making the work at the computer link to other tasks, such as
writing up something or
conbributing to some sort of group project that is not computer-bound. One
lonely kid at one computer
is the least pedagogically attractive alternative in most cases. That, at
least, is my experience.
mike