Re: Talk of courses and discussions

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 13:04:54 PDT

DAvid-- If I understand correctly the situation is the following:

1. There is some continuing discussion about generalization and abstraction
connected
to the Jurow paper.

2. Phil and others are putting together a language and CHAT reading list,
where the papers will
be posted on XMCA papers for discussion.,

3. Steve, Peter M, Kristen C and others are proposing a reading of Ilyenkov
either here or on a
separate Yahoo group.

At present, Jurow is the focus of actual conversation. I keep wondering
about what the division of
opinion is as it relates to the ideas of Davydov and Vygotsky and hoping for
clarity, but I may not
get what I want ( no big news there!!) :-)

Next I assume we will have several papers posted as a group on papers for
discussion on xmca that are
about language, culture, and activity.

At some point we will learn what the organization of the Ilyenkov discussion
will be.

Right now I am down to the last day of the quarter, grant application
deadlines, end of research year
event, etc. I am hoping to see beyond my nose some time early next week.
Others, I gather, are in
analogous states of business.

I hope that helps. Others ammend to taste.
mike

david.preiss@yale.edu, davidpreiss@puc.cl*