Re: Talk of courses and discussions

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 10:15:28 PDT

Dear Phil and all,
I would like to help put this discussion together. I'll send you a few reading items (from home; where I'll be tonight), too.
But I have a suggestion that we start first with what we have as "collective" knowledge of the topic -- or at least formulate some questions about what are we looking at -- before we get lost in the intricacies of all the readings.
The topic (How to understand language/speech from the CHAT point of view) is really vast and many of us have a lot to say including the writers of the articles. What I am proposing is to use a bit sharper focus, although it does not have to be inflexible.
If each one interested wrote ONE question down (just one) -- we would have a local universe of issues for the mini curriculum.
Mmm?
Ana