Re: Museum education

From: cb450k@juno.com
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 17:35:49 PDT

Hello:
What I meant to send in the last email was a recollection about a post on
XMCA a few months ago, regarding a post-doc position at Dartmouth, in
which someone was to be developing interactive exhibits at the Montshire
Museum in Norwich, VT. From the announcement that was posted on XMCA,
their desired research and approach seemed to be interesting and perhaps
along the lines you're looking for. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jayson Seaman
University of New Hampshire

On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:47:27 -0500 (CDT) "Goncu, Artin" <goncu@uic.edu>
writes:

> Elina,
> You may want to contact Suzanne Gaskins at Northeastern Illinois
> University also. She has been doing research in the field. Best,
>

> > Hi, everyone,
> > Does anyone know any good museum education programs in CHAT
> > tradition?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Elina
> >
> > Elina Lampert-Shepel
> > Assistant Professor
> > Graduate School of Education
> > Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
> > Mercy College
> > 66 West 35th Street
> > New York, NY 10001
> > (212) 615 3367
> >
> > I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
> > it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
> > violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
> > fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
> > is free to be a violin string.
> > Sir Rabindranath Tagore.
> >

> Artin Goncu, Ph.D
> Professor