Re: breaking away still

From: I.Haket@ppsw.rug.nl
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 07:19:56 PST

Reading the article, I got the impression that Yrjo assumes a difference between
learning and development. Development is .... "a relatively long-term qualitative change
in the way we relate to the world" (page 4) But in what terms we can conceive of this
"qualitative change" remained a mystery to me. The idea of a horizontal development,
for instance from the world of the deviant outsiders to the world of the normals, does
suggest change, but not - in my view - necessarely a qualitative one in terms of a
functional reorganization.