Re: Breaking away?

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 19:45:28 PST

Don-- Don't we ALL communicate indirectly through the relics of the
past, e.g. the
already-there vocabularies of our community? And isn't breaking away
about going outside of those vocabularies ot invent new ones and the
unwelts they help to constitute?

Do you know Burke's "Literature as equipment to live by?" A favorit of
mine.I can try to get it pdf'ed (aha, a broken away new verb!!) and
posted for everyone's pleasure alongside Yrjo's fine examples and the
film. And perhaps you can point
us to where we can find the startreak example.
mike