Re: development: loss, destruction, transformation

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 12:46:39 PST

Dorie, David, Yrjo et al

nice to have the articles as further grounding for this discussion.
To continue the metaphor of birds and secondary discourses in relation
to breaking away and the question of learning read/write.

What if the bird never learned to fly? What secondary discourses
would be possible? How could you break away without, so to speak,
breaking a leg?

Yrjo-- Do you have some empirical examples of development as breaking
away that would allow us to connect this discussion back
to David's question of whether (say) Piagetian transformations were or
were not examples?
mike