Re: If not schooling, then what? -- How about "Hyperlearning"

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@udel.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 10:09:04 PST

I share your concerns, Nate.

You might be interested in the items posted at
http://www.udel.edu/educ/whitson/897s05/files/items050305.htm
as harbingers of things to come, and
http://www.udel.edu/educ/whitson/897s05/School'sOut/PerelmanAbstracts.htm
for celebrations of the more radical "Hyperlearning" alternative.
For more of Perelman, see
http://www.udel.edu/educ/whitson/897s05/School'sOut/PerelmanExcerpts.htm
note that Perelman uses folks like Lave in support of his proposal, which
has received intense interest from IBM types in the past decade or so.

My posting of the Illich references was to challenge my students on the
comparison between Illich & Perelman, who might superficially appear to be
in sync.