Re: Self-Determination theory versus SCT and AT

From: Jim Rogers (fajimr@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 09:18:13 PST

George,

allow me a few days to read and digest your ideas- given a past life of
mine in Educational Technology, I think I understand what you are trying
to do. I just need to revist some ideas that I have not thought about
in a while. My own frustrations with using Instructional System Design
in teaching/learning situations might only produce questions- which may
or may not help you work these ideas out yourself.

In the mean time I am going to forward your e-mails to a friend in the
UK who has worked with Bednay and is very much influenced by this work.
You might also want to contact David Wiley, a learning objects
propenent- although last time I talked with him he was becoming more
suspect on the reusability of these objects. I know he has read and is
influenced by Wertsch although I am not sure what he is doing with
theses ideas in his work. You can find his e-mail by going to
www.usu.edu then to the instructional technology department. sorry but
I prefer not to broadcast his e-mail address without prior consent.

good luck
jim

--

Jim Rogers Associate Professor Utah State University Logan, UT. 84322-0715 t: 435.797.3910 f: 435.797.4050