Re: Scaffolding

From: willthereallsvpleasespeakup@nateweb.info
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 17:13:53 PST

Ana

This reminds me of Buridan's Ass,

http://levvygotsky.blogspot.com/2005/01/buridans-ass.html

I do remember Vygotsky mentioning it, but Valsiner's diagrams really
bring out the significance of the reference for mediation.

Nate

--
Website: http://nateweb.info/
Blog: http://levvygotsky.blogspot.com/

"The zone of proximal development defines those functions that have not yet matured but are in the process of maturation, functions that will mature tomorrow but are currently in an embryonic state. These functions could be termed the buds or flowers of development rather than the "fruits" of development. The actual developmental level characterizes mental development retrospectively, while the zone of proximal development characterizes mental development prospectively." - L.S.V.