Re: Scaffolding

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 02:09:44 PST

I've always cited Wood, D.J., J.S. Bruner, and G. Ross, The role of
tutoring in problem solving, Journal of Child Psychology and
Psychiatry, 1976. 17(2): p. 89-100 as the pioneering paper, Nate. Then
Bruner's book (oops, there goes the memory) published not long after
that.

Interesting coincidence - just returned from a second language
conference where scaffolding was bandied around so carelessly that it
seemed to become a metaphor for any activity or learning materials
applied by the teacher in teaching/learning moments.

Phil