RE: naturvolk versus kulturvolk

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@udel.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 11:44:44 PST

Turning to Google, I see

http://medienkatalog.bmbwk.gv.at/kurzbeschreibung2.php?id=60207#top

where, for the price of just 6 euros, you can download a 100-minute audio
on:

Register Nr.

Titel

60207

KULTUR, WAS IST DAS?

Diskutiert wird der unterschiedliche Kulturbegriff in verschiedenen
Gesellschaften und Zeiten. Themen: 1. Kulturpolitik, Literatur und
Arbeiterkultur; 2. Kunst und Kitsch; 3. Kulturvolk-Naturvolk-Subkultur; 4.
Essen, Mode, Sport.

I’m not going to pursue this link (mainly since I don’t know German), but it
looks frightening from what I can see. It looks like a contemporary,
authoritative, anonymous, quasi-official exposition of these ideas from the

Austrian “Bundesminiterium fur Bildung, Wissenschaft, und Kultur.” Note that
this item is under the tag for “Bildung / Schulen”

If anybody does pursue this, I would personally be relieved if you could
report back that the exposition is more critical and aware than I see any
reason to believe from this Web page.