peirce and artifacts; back to Uslucan

From: Bill Barowy (xmcageek@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 16:24:20 PST

Mike wrote:

"rather, the incorporation of tools into the activity creates a
 new structural relation in which the cultural (mediated) and natural
 (unmediated) routes operate synergistically;"

I have taken this point made my Mike to be the basis for Vygotsky's method of
dual stimulation -- using extant "structural relations" to co-create new
ones, e.g. shown blocks called "bic", etc.

And then, I also take there to be this similarity with Uslucan's writing:

"semiosis relies upon the history of the interpretant, with whom
interpretation is a putting-into-relation-of-prior-signs. "

Or am i being mistaken?

--
--------
bb