Re: general, particular Holzkamp, Engeström

From: Jay Lemke (jaylemke@umich.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 14:35:55 PDT

An interesting further step in the argument re labor-of-learning in
schools, from the Grundrisse citation below: the full value of the product
of labor-of-learning is only achieved when it is exchanged, when it is
admitted to the web of exchange.

though it also proposes another mode of educational analysis: that it is
when we teach others what we have learned that we complete our
learning-as-labor, our knowledge-as-product, for only then is it in the
final form that is fit for consumption by others. But we don't arrange
schools so students can do this either ...

JAY.

Jay Lemke
Professor
Educational Studies